Hold the phone.
What’s this? A new American Express Hilton card? I already have and love my Hilton Ascend card, do I need to upgrade to the Hilton Aspire???
Here’s the details on this new offering:
- $450 annual fee
- 14 PPD on spend at Hilton
- 7 PPD on Flights, Car rentals, and Restaurants
- 3 PPD on everything else
- Complimentary Diamond Status
- Two Weekend Night Rewards
- $250 Hilton Resort statement credit
- $250 Airline fee credit
- $100 Hilton on property credit
- Priority Pass Select membership
- Other “typical” Amex benefits
Let’s compare that with the Ascend card:
- $95 annual fee
- 12 PPD on spend at Hilton
- 6 PPD on Gas, Groceries, & Restaurants
- 3 PPD on everything
- Complimentary Gold Status
- One weekend Night Reward
So, for me, the question is, will I get $350 more value from this card per year.
$250 in airline credit (baggage, lounge access, in air purchases) will be easy to obtain.
$250 in Hilton credit? I wish I had this on my last trip to Honolulu. Another massage, please and thank you.
It looks like the $350 is easily achieved! In addition to this, my Hilton Diamond status will get me a 50% bonus on my Hilton stays, up from 25% with Gold.
So hold on while I call American Express to upgrade….
Click here to apply for the American Express Hilton Aspire card (You win, I win)