This is my primary card. I chose this card because I want to boost my status on Delta. I like this card for the person who travels with Delta often, and can incur $60k in charges a year to maximize their rewards. The Delta Reserve card will help you achieve higher status with Delta in shorter amount of time, which accelerates your mile earnings. In addition, there’s a lot of other perks that make this card worth while. At $450 for an annual fee, you need to recoup a lot of value.
How do I do that?
- Each renewal brings you a free companion ticket. BAM! You just recouped your annual fee.
- Free checked bag (Yes, I check my bags. Sky Priority makes it worth while)
- Free SkyClub access. If you travel for work, you need a quiet place to work, or relax.
- Earn MQMs. You get a 15k MQM bump at $30,000 spent, and another 15k at $60,000. That is 30k MQMs, which is Delta Silver, status.
- Earn 1 mile for each dollar spent. Get 2X rewards for everything you buy through Delta!
There are a bunch of other AMEX based perks here too. For more details and to apply, check it out:
And when you apply from this link, I get a referral bonus, and you get sign up bonus too!